Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Yucks!

The yucks overcame our house last week.  Within hours three children and myself were taken out.  Of course, Jason was not here...doesn't it always seem to happen that way?!?!  I kept thinking about "The Devil Wears Prada" specifically Emily Blunt's line..."I am just one stomach flu from my ideal weight".  How could she have wanted such a thing?  I felt like death.  Vanity would never trump health in my book.

We made it through this incredibly powerful bug.  It lingered for days but we are all better now.  However, my almost organized house is a wreck.  The mail piled up along with the laundry.  The four of us who were sick only consumed Gatorade from the bottle yet dishes filled the sink.  If I ever doubted that I am needed to run this house, I know that indeed I am.  I am getting everything back together this week.

I am also looking forward.  Tomorrow is the first day of November.  The month of thanks.  Last year I posted daily on Facebook the things that I was thankful for.  I plan to write about my blessings each day.  I hope not to bore you but inspire you to offer thanks for the good (and the bad) in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment