Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Old Friends

Today is the happiest day of my life.  Well, that might be an exaggeration but it really is a great day!  I was going to order a new pair of jeans.  I found my favorite brand in the cut that I like on sale (really...super sale!).  I pulled out my pre-pregnancy clothes to reference the too small size.  Against better judgement I began trying on this clothes.  Here comes the happy part...most of them fit!  I have reconnected with my old jeans and it feels good.

I have memories with many of these jeans.  Most women have experienced trauma when trying on jeans.  I remember buying each one of them.  I don't remember buying most of the slacks or shirts but boy do I remember the jeans.  I remember  when they became too big when I was really sick and I remember when they became too small because of my pregnancies.  I remember when Sam wrote on my favorite pair with a Sharpie. I remember the skinny jeans ripping at the knee (who has fat knees?!?).  I couldn't believe the feelings that I had today...excitement, nostalgia, and familiarity.  Thank you jeans for making today great!

No comments:

Post a Comment