Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Works for Me Wednesday (Once again on Thursday!)

About a year ago I was having a lot of trouble with my children wasting food and drinks.  They would leave half-eaten plates of food on the counter or at the table and deny ownership.  I decided to buy new plates, cups, and bowls and assign colors to each child.  These new place settings are small which I like.  We now have much less waste and I know immediately who the dishes are for if they are not put in the sink.  I allow them to have one cup a day and they keep it in a certain place on the counter.  They know to rinse it out and reuse it.  I have less dishes to wash now too.





This was working so well that we now implemented a color system for towels.  Each child has three towels for the week (along with their bathrobe) in their designated color .  I wash these on the weekends.  If they run out before then...they must drip dry (and then figure out how to wipe up the water on the floor!).  I had to take this step because a certain child of mine felt it necessary to use THREE towels after her bath...one for her hair, one for her body, and one to go OVER the bathmat.  




1 comment:

  1. Christine, this is a great idea! If I didn't have such a fear of organization (it's so foreign and unfamiliar!) I would try it immediately. : )

    ReplyDelete