Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Works for Me Wednesday (Thursday)

I forgot that yesterday was Wednesday.  I really wanted to post weekly tips but the day got away from me.  I have a great suggestion from a friend.  She wakes up thirty minutes before her family and drinks her morning coffee in silence.  She uses this time to reflect and to plan her day.  I tried this but my little ones must have thought that I needed company because they both woke up way too early each morning last week.  I am more of a night owl so I have been spending thirty minutes at the end of each day to organize and plan the next one.

Since I was a day late, I'll give a bonus tip.  I print out the spelling words and vocabulary definitions for the year and keep them in my suburban.  The "Imagine It" website is www.imagineitreading.com.  After creating a free account, you can access this information under the "At Home" tab.  We are often waiting in the suburban at dancing, Annelise's bus stop,  or even red lights.  I can quickly review this information.  I also have Annelise's Vocabulary Workshop words and Luke's pre-decodables.  I am a multitask-er but still short on time most evenings.  Getting in a few minutes of study time when we would normally be idle has really helped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment