Pages

Saturday, October 15, 2011

I Miss My Mommy

Last night Luke was invited to his first sleepover.  I knew from the start that he wasn't going to stay the night.  I didn't think that it was a good idea.  However, Jason was pushing to let him try.  It was a house that he had been to many times for play dates and a mom that he was extremely comfortable with.

My heart didn't even skip a beat when the phone rang at 11:15 as it usually does with a phone call at that hour.  I knew that my boy needed his mommy.  Jason was putting his shoes on before I got off the phone.  He also knew what that late night ring meant.

Luke feel asleep on the ride home and Jason carried him to bed.  He must not have needed to see me or even talk to me.  He just needed to know that I was near and he was safe.  I think that I secretly needed the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment