Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Operation Clean-Out: Back on Track

I fell off of the organizing wagon yesterday...OK, I jumped off of the organizing wagon yesterday.  I woke up with determination this morning.  Sam and I cleaned up the backyard while Genevieve watched.  We moved the "fleet" to the barn.  Our fleet consists of six bikes most of which have half eaten seats (thanks to our dog) and flat tires, several tractors of various sizes and functions, three motorized ride-ons, three wagons, and a "coocher" (scooter).  We played fetch with Coal and watched the new calves playing in the field.  I trashed the dead potted plants and swept the patio.  At the end of our job Sam was sad.  He said that this was the most fun cleaning up he had ever had.  He didn't want to go back inside...so we didn't!

Something is changing in my heart.  Getting our life in order is becoming fun, rewarding, and less of a chore (well except for yesterday).  Some of my children are even getting in the spirit.  Katherine went through the nail polish and threw out the old ones.  She also cleaned up under the stairs which is where we hang backpacks and jackets, store dancing and volleyball stuff, and keep the socks.  Meredith has been making her bed and keeping the upstairs relatively habitable.  Sam and Annelise have been providing tons of messes for the rest of us to clean up (they help in their own special way!) and our orderly Luke is in heaven.  Thanks for all of the encouragement.  I love hearing your successes (even when they are greater than mine).  Genevieve will be going down for a nap and I am spending the next hour cleaning and organizing the bathrooms.

No comments:

Post a Comment