Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Operation Clean-Out Day 3

Today I focused on the food cabinets.  I took a mental inventory of the contents while sorting like things together.  This will be important for tomorrow's task.  I have a general system of putting canned goods on two shelves, pasta on another, cake and brownie mixes on yet another, and so on.  I sorted further today...all the green beans, corn, peas, and carrots with each other, brownie mixes then cake mixes, etc.   I only had to throw out four things which had expired.  Two boxes of graham crackers were down to the last few and a box of jello mix.  The other was a half eaten bag of marshmallows which were strangely dry AND oozy.  This task was really easy even though I was sort of dreading it yesterday...I think that making a conscious choice to tackle chores with a better attitude is making a difference.  I have such a sense of accomplishment and I have only worked for an hour and a half over the last three days!

This sense of accomplishment has carried over into other not so fun jobs...laundry to be exact.  I have been staying on top of the clothes.  I know that the laundry room is on my list of to dos so I am trying to make it easier when that time comes.  I must say that yesterday's task was better because Luke did it with me.  I have decided to tweak of few of the jobs that I want to get done so that I can get "help" from my children.  It may take a little longer but that doesn't matter.  And who knows, maybe that timer will motivate them too!

Tomorrow I am going to plan our October supper menu.  I try to do this weekly but while our supplies are fresh in my mind, I doing it for the month.  I usually plan five meals a weak and wing it on the other two nights.  I am planning on scheduling a crock pot meal for Mondays, sandwiches and wraps on Tuesdays (our busy day), beef on Wednesdays, and chicken on Thursdays.  I am not planning for Fridays and the weekends now.  I think that scheduling the meals and sticking to it will give me the strength to go through the toys...remember this task is looming!

No comments:

Post a Comment