Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Friendship

One of my best friends had a baby yesterday.  He is perfect and wonderful and the cutest one in the nursery I am sure.  He was welcomed to this world by his five siblings and his doting parents.  I called her on the eve of his birth for professional advice and to remind her to send an email.  She is that kind of friend.  I can call on her any time for anything.  We now have twelve children together and rely on each other when necessary.  I have another friend who also has six children and I rely on her just as much.  We talk almost daily about schedules and who is picking up whom.  I see her almost as much as my husband!

I have two other friends that I can call on in moments of uncertainty, insecurity, or just to talk.  One of these I talk to almost every day for at least a few minutes.  She gets me.  She accepts me.  She loves me and I love her.  The other one has a bunch of children just like me.  We talk less frequently because of our hectic lives but we are there for each other.  I treasure our friendship.

I have so many other friends that I  count on for help, advice, or just to laugh.  One called me yesterday to tell me a funny story and to talk about my blog.  As a mother of five boys, her stories could outshine mine hands down.  Many friends have come in and out of my life but few have gone because of conflict.  I lose friends to moves (I would love if most of these would just come back!), changes in lifestyles (it's hard to hang with childless and single friends because we are boring!), and lack of time (why can't we have a three day weekend forever?).

One of my favorite people is a friend from college.  She was in my wedding and I was in hers.  I went with her then boyfriend to look at engagement rings for her.  We studied together, laughed together, and when my dad died, cried together.  I haven't seen her in years because she moved but we talk through Facebook and the occasional phone call.  Facebook has also help me to reconnect with my high school peeps.  One is planning a huge reunion for Rice Festival that would only be possible through social media.

I hope all of my readers share in friendships like mine.  I also hope that you consider me your friend.  I consider you mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment