Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Just another manic...Tuesday

Tuesdays are my busiest day.  Gymnastics, piano, and dancing take over my afternoon.  My very dear friend told me several years ago that you can do anything with a good attitude.  I have had to use her advice this year.  She is one of those people who does everything with a smile.  I try to channel her energy anytime I am feeling less than happy about a task.  I hope I am not sucking the life out of her because I have been doing a lot of channeling!

To add to our Tuesday madness, I had to take one to a doctor's appointment in Baton Rouge today with the added bonus of the youngest two.  I got there with forty-five seconds to spare before the appointment time.  (This is a huge accomplishment and you may all do a silent cheer for my unexpected punctuality.)  As I checked in I noticed that the receptionist had a perplexed look on her face.  I asked her if something was wrong.  She said that we did not have an appointment today but in two weeks.  Because this is Our Lady of Lake and people there are strangely accommodating and unbelievably nice, she said that they could work us in but it would be about thirty minutes.  I have waited for two hours for an appointment with other doctors so I was cool.  The appointment went fine.  The part that I still can't believe is that they apologized to ME, the person who showed up two weeks early, for having to wait!  Once again, it's all in the attitude.  Only this time that good attitude came from an outside source.

I'll carry the receptionist's energy with me today.  However, I can honestly say that I no longer dread the afternoon activities.  I got smart about the whole thing.  The five children who are with me tell me about the day's events on the thirty-five minute drive to Lafayette.  They love this time because I am not always a captive audience at home.  While the three middle ones are in gymnastics, I do homework or just hang out with the second one.  (Notice I am not naming names...I have been forbidden!)  Then we drive to Broussard for piano lessons.  This is the worst part because at 5:30 in Lafayette traffic a person could almost loose their religion.  The rest of us have been playing outside or eating a picnic supper during number two's piano lesson. Luckily, number one rides home with a friend and then rides to dancing with her so that is not on my plate until the 8:00 pick-up.  The best, best, best part of Tuesday is the ride home.  We say the rosary while watching the sun set.  Number two and three each proudly take a decade.  Even number four, my rambunctious Sam, joins in.  Life gets in the way so often and the family rosary gets postponed too many times.  But on this day during this crazy schedule, all is right with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment