Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Cheerios

Cheerios are the single greatest invention and I dare any mother to deny it.  I can buy myself at least five minutes with a handful of those little circles.  I have even thrown them on the floor in a time of great need just so the crawlers in my life could search them out giving me at least a minute more.  I once saw this mother of six on TV.  She threw Cheerios on the playroom floor and her babies would eat while she brushed her teeth and her hair.  She was an overachiever and had her children all at one time or maybe she was just lazy and only wanted to do it once.  However, I learned a lot from that smart mom in that one hour show.

Figuring out the problems is what mothering is all about.  Luckily, General Mills has helped us all.  They guarantee that they use whole grains and say so right on the box.  I wonder how many other cereal companies say that they use whole grains but trick us because they don't guarantee it.  I mean I am not only looking out for myself but contributing to the health of my children.  The box also says that this cereal may reduce the risk of heart disease.  Everyone wants that right?  Even more enticing is this bit of information - "Among pediatricians with children, more than 9 out of 10 serve Cheerios as a finger food to their own toddlers."  I am not sure how more than nine but not 10 have made this decision but whatever...  I will continue to serve these to Genevieve as long as she squeals every time she sees the yellow box.

No comments:

Post a Comment