Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Nov. 9 and 10...On these two days I am thankful for friends, prayers, and doctors.

Yesterday, Genevieve had a doctor's appointment.  Her spleen has been enlarged for almost two months.  It was first detected during a check-up when she had a high fever.  The fever and obvious viral infection was thought to be the cause of the spleen problems.  We have gone back to the pediatrician every two weeks since just to check on it.  Our doctor decided that enough was enough and sent us on to do blood work first thing this morning.  I knew that she was checking for lymphoma or leukemia.  I also knew that she was almost sure that it was neither of those things causing the spleen to be enlarged but they had to be ruled out.

I am thankful that the results came back normal.  Her spleen should return to it's normal size in a few weeks.  Apparently that viral infection was a bad one.  I am also thankful for my friends and family who provided so much comfort.  Even though I knew that the chances of something bad were extremely slim, it was so nice to know that prayers were being said.    I have the best friends and family.  I can call on them for anything.  I promise that I won't keep hogging all of the prayers though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment