Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

Nov. 7...Today I am thankful for my life

I have a wonderful life.  I could complain about a few things but for the most part I am so lucky.  As I put our house back together as I often do on Mondays, I realized that this is just what I should be doing.  I don't enjoy cleaning up but I enjoy the peace that comes from it.  I know that things flow smoother when the dishes are done and the laundry is put away.  

I often think how nice it would be to lunch with my lady friends in Anthropology dresses and fantastic red soled shoes at amazing restaurants.  I think that life would get old quickly.  I am more of a homebody with each passing day.  I get out for my children's activities but pass on the grown-up ones more and more.  I may not live a glamorous life but I live a fulfilling one.  I can go to sleep at night knowing that I am loved and I have people to love.

So many people have so much more than I do but way more have less.  I am a lucky girl.  I thank God everyday for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment