Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Nov. 3...Today I am thankful for Jason

I have the best husband ever.  You may doubt me but it is true.  Jason is kind, patient, and most importantly loving.  He rarely raises his voice and never complains.  He can keep his cool in almost any circumstance.

I am often chaotic.  I lose my temper easily.  He grounds me and makes me realize what is really important.  I can count on him which is the best part of our relationship.  I know that he will pick up my slack.

He recently brought five of our children to mass.  Several people who saw him there made comments to me about how great of a father he is.  I realize that not every dad would do this.  I sometimes take him for granted and forget that he is exceptional.

Jason has been away for work recently.  I miss him immensely when he is gone.  Our house doesn't run as smoothly.  We feel his absence in a way that goes beyond just having to take out the trash and cook breakfast.  He is gone now and Genevieve keeps looking for him.  She began crying last week every morning when he leaves.  Sam has been doing this for two years!  I don't take it personally because they would cry if I ever left too (I hope!).

I am so thankful that he is mine.  I see the other choices out there and know that I picked the best.  I hope that all of my friends feel this way about their husbands.  I can't imagine living life without kindness, respect, and most important...love.

No comments:

Post a Comment