Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Nov. 11...Today I am thankful for Veterans

When my mother told me that my brother was joining the Army, my first thought was that we were going to loose the war.  I think that this is a common reaction of big sisters.  I saw him as a lost little boy whose father had died too soon.  I didn't see him as a soldier who could defend an entire country.  I was wrong.  He went to Iraq and not only performed his job but came back alive.  He must have done something right.

Today, I thank God for every veteran and every man and woman who have been affected by war.  It was hard for my mom to send her only son to battle especially when she was still grieving.  It was harder for her to send him back after he extended his enlistment.  I thank God for mothers, fathers, wives, husbands, children, and all other loved ones who support the military in their lives.  I thank God for the safe return of so many and even more thanks for those that sacrifice their lives.  I am proud to be an American on this day and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment