Pages

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Nov. 6...Today I am thankful for football

I am thankful for football not for what it is but for what it does.  We were invited to several football parties for the big game last night.  I saw numerous pictures posted on Facebook of people enjoying the LSU/Alabama game with friends.  I love that people get together and enjoy each other's company in the name of football.  While we declined the offers and chose to watch the game at home, we enjoyed it none the less.

We lit the pit for the Saints game today.  The children are ready to cheer them on.  We are somewhat lost on the weekends after football ends.  The crazy thing is...we aren't really fans.  If another offer is available, we will often forgo the game for something else.  We don't change plans for football but we do watch if we are around a TV.  It's not that we don't want the home teams to win but we just don't typically plan our lives around the games.  Yet, we still miss them when the season ends.

I have friends who live for football.  I am beyond happy for them when events like last night happen.  I am ecstatic that UL is doing so well.  I love the energy that this winning season has on our area.  I can only wish that spirit continues if the scores drop.

No comments:

Post a Comment