Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Nov. 8...I am thankful for Tuesdays

I know that I have already written about our Tuesday schedule but I continue to be thankful for this time that I have with my children.  Today Annelise joined us.  She usually goes home with a friend and then they both go to dancing until 8:00.  She has a big test coming up so she decided to come along with us for some extra study time during gymnastics and piano lessons.

Our suburban becomes a desk for homework, a dining room table for supper, and a holy place during our Rosary.  We always say the Sorrowful Mysteries and listen to the scripture verses that goes with each mystery on the ride home.  I meditated on the sacrifice of Jesus and the pain of his mother this evening.  What a unimaginable site it must have been for Mary to see her child suffer.  I am reminded that the struggles of my children are surmountable.  Tests and grades, while stressful for me and my children, will not result in the end of the world.  We will strive to do our best and to use our talents but I hope that we will put the results into perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment