Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Nov. 5...Today I am thankful for Saturdays!

I am the only one awake right now.  This is a rare occurrence.  Usually, our mornings are hectic during the week and on Sundays.  We are trying to become presentable in a short amount of time...get dressed, teeth brushed (or not brushed depending on which child you are), shoes on, and hair somewhat presentable.  On Saturdays, we are relaxed and often stay in our PJs for hours after we have woken up.  We can enjoy each other (in a perfect world this would happen) without the stress of hurrying up.

I drink my coffee slower on Saturdays.  I don't yell as much (at least that is what I tell myself).  We take on projects that we normally don't have time for.  For example, today we have big plans to finally carve the almost rotting pumpkins that I bought two weeks ago.  Saturdays are for family and we take advantage of every one of them.  I am thankful for Saturdays and wish they came more often than once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment